Ive recently been awarded the Liebster Award, by Sabrina of Faith|Love|Hope.
Thank you Sabrina ❤
Now youre probably wondering what exactly this is?
The Liebster Award is an online award that is by bloggers, for bloggers. It’s passed from person to person to encourage connection and support within our writing community, and to help discover new and upcoming bloggers.
To accept the award and participate there’s just five simple rules:
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Answer the questions given to you by the nominator
- You can choose to nominate up to 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Create 11 questions for the nominees
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs
Here are my answers to the questions asked by Sabrina. It was actually quite fun to answer 🙂
- What is your favourite colour and why?
Blue, I’ve always liked the colour blue! I think, because any shade of it reminds me of the ocean, I find it relaxing.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
No idea! Life has been so unpredictable in the last 5 years, that I’m quite certain the next 5 will be crammed full with as many adventures. I’ve learnt to just sit back and enjoy the surprises.
- What would your dream job be?
A travel writer!
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
- Where is the best place you have travelled and why? If you haven’t travelled where would you like to go and why?
Saudi Arabia. Besides the religious and spiritual aspect, its also the only place where the whole world truly converges. It is a melting pot of every single race, language, colour, tradition, food!
I would also love to still travel to the UAE, Spain, Morocco, and Italy.
- If you could invite three people to a dinner party who would it be?
This is a hard one. Naima B Robert, the amazingly talented author. Naledi Pandor, the current minister of Science and Technology in South Africa, who was also an apartheid activist and freedom fighter. Yasmin Mogahed, the prolific Islamic teacher and popular speaker. It would be a gathering of strong, achieving, accomplished muslim women.
- What is one goal you would like to achieve in your lifetime?
To one day, someday, be able to call myself a published author…Wait, to one day, someday, finally finish my manuscript…
- If you had to describe yourself using three words what would they be?
Creative, quirky, passionate
- What is your favourite animal and why?
I have a few. I love tigers for their strength. I also love dolphins, they seem so poised and yet when faced with danger can be aggressive and protect themselves. I also love horses, no particular reason, I just do.
- If you had to describe Islam in three sentences what would they be?
A truly monotheistic faith, only ONE God!
A complete way of life
The most misunderstood and vilified religion, which contrary to popular belief holds peace, and mercy and kindness and care in high regard.
- If you could be a cartoon character who would you be and why?
Mulan. I like that she’s a strong character, who challenges perception of what a girl can and can’t do. She’s mischievous, and fun yet still brave and daring.
And now my nominees are:
And the questions you lovely ladies have to answer are as follows:
- Do you cook? What’s your favourite meal to prepare?
- What do you do in your time off? How do you unwind?
- Have you ever been camping? If no, would you ever go camping?
- As a child did you enjoy school?
- What’s your greatest fear?
- Sweet or salty foods?
- Movies or books?
- Summer or winter?
- Tea or coffee?
- Where do you get your blogging inspirations from?
- Share a link to the blogpost you most enjoyed writing?
I look forward to reading your responses!